Material of Kintsugi : Lacquer for painting
How to make Tame-urushi: brown lacquer for painting
- Material : basic lacquer
This process is called ‘kurome’.
- Place a small amount of basic lacquer on top of the glass plate.
- Blend it with a spatula for 2-3 minutes. Tame-urushi is done when it becomes thick and dark brown in colour.
How to make ‘bengara-urushi’… red lacquer for painting.
- Materials: tame-urushi + bengara (red pigment)
- Quantity : 1:1 (volume ratio)
- Place a small amount of tame-urushi on top of the glass plate.
- Take out an amount of bengara according to the ratio.
- Mix the tame-urushi into the bengara little by little in 3 times, blend it well for 2-3 minutes and bengara -urushi is done.