Kintsugi : Kinds of damage and way of repair
Kinds of Kintsugi
Among makie Powder, there are the smallest ‘keshi-fun’ and the larger ‘maru-fun’, depending on which powder is used the finishing method can be divided into two.
- “Powder finish” using “Keshi-fun”
（Kintsugi Basic set, Kintsugi Standard set）
- “Polish finish” using “Maru-fun”
（Kintsugi Advance set）
- “Lacquer finish” using lacquer
Various kinds of metals are used in makie powder, for repairing tableware, gold and silver are recommended in terms of food safety.
Kinds of damage and way of repair
- Small chipping – fill the chipped area, apply lacquer, sprinkle metal powder
- Broken – stick the pieces together, fill any gaps / chipped area, apply lacquer, sprinkle metal powder
- Big chipping or lost pieces – reconstruct missing area/ piece, apply lacquer, sprinkle metal powder